[HNW] Staniland book - searching through Worldcat

Lisa Tyson Lisa_Tyson at umit.maine.edu
Tue Mar 11 22:37:14 PDT 2008

It may not be as complete a database as the library subscription service
but it would certainly be of use when you are trying to figure out
the full citation you need to request a book through ILL.

Kay Staniland's Embroiders book is one title that is owned by
many academic and larger public libraries, so the chance of
finding a copy to borrow is pretty good. In Velvet Claw's case there is
one copy available at [ fcp://@fc.umit.maine.edu,%235000473/wcpa/oclc/24399997?page=frame&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.uq.edu.au%2Fsearch%7ES7%2Fi0714120510&title=UQ+Library&linktype=opac&detail=YQU%3AUQ+Library%3AAcademic ]UQ Library Brisbane, QLD 4072
Australia
(and this library is 9,700 miles away from my location.. Geez, there's
trivia I didn't know when I checked the database).

While some libraries have to charge for some ILL transactions
it is sometimes possible to borrow materials for minimal or no cost.
If the book is loaned to you for free or a small charge, then it
is useful to have the chance to evaluate the book and
decide if it is something you want to budget for in the future.

Lisa Tyson, MLIS
(Lady Bryn Millar, East)