[HNW] question about Erica Wilson book(s)

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Mar 29 06:38:38 PDT 2008

I just looked through my copy of Crewel Embroidery (originally copyrighted in 1962, but published, I *think* in 1973, given the inscription inside), and couldn't find anything resembling those embroidered miniatures in her Embroidery Book.  There were a few color photos, but mostly of embroidered furniture and a couple of pieces of clothing.  Lots of b/w.
Her book "Needlework to Wear" has a *lot* more color photos, but again, nothing of those little girls.
I like those miniatures in the E.B.  Thought it was a very clever device to show off the different styles of needlework!
Dang, now I've got myself an embroidery jones.....la, la, la, I'm not listening...I've got yarn to spin.....
--Sue/Maire