[HNW] crocheted tablecloth

Lavolta Press fran at lavoltapress.com
Wed Nov 5 13:25:10 PST 2008

The point lace braid seems more complicated, the hat braid is nothing
but a chain stitch.

The evolution of crochet from a braid to a continuous textile?  An
interesting idea. Although, in early 19th-century sources there seems to
be a tendency to think of it as a kind of knitting. I think not giving
the craft a separate name is also evidence of it being comparatively new.

Fran
Lavolta Press
New Book on 1820s Sewing and Needlework!
http://www.lavoltapress.com