[HNW] Janet Arnold 4

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 5 15:18:03 PST 2008

More promotion: I'm sure that Devra of Poison Pen has her copies by
now, since mine came in.  (They are going to Simple Fare, St.
Elegius, Bergental Yule, and Birka, for those of you in the
East.)  Hedgehog Handworks, Poison Pen & I do not gouge on price, so
I hope you avoid Amazon.

I'm no costumer, but the pictures show embroidery that caught my
interest.  My SCA device uses the columbine embroidered on the boy's
shirt in the V&A, which I based on photographs in an old book.  The
shirt was on display when I was at the V&A some years ago, but they
had it in such low light that it was hard to see.  So these new
photos were exciting.

Carllein
Small Churl Books