[HNW] Janet Arnold Patterns of Fashion 4

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Fri Nov 7 21:06:27 PST 2008

Got mine yesterday in the mail from Amazon.uk.  I must have ordered it a
long time ago because I don't remember at all.

I had been holding off lately because I have a Chase/Amazon card.  Whenever
you spend $2500 on it they send you a $25 certificate for Amazon.  Talk
about dope peddling (books little girl?).  Since I rarely carry cash I tend
to do everything with this credit card and pay it at the end of the month.
If I can't pay at the end of the month the card comes out of my wallet and I
stop buying things like fabric and books until the account is paid off 100%.
Luckily I'm careful but...   With luck I'll own my home this December and
the payments will start going into some type of savings (not the market at
the moment.  All I need to do is invest in something for it to head for the
basement!)

Anyway it's a nice book but I was disappointed (Burn the heretic!  Burn
Her!)  I was really hoping for more from pre-1600, and more in the way of
partlets.  Lots of the heads on a plate ruffs from the Netherlands, and some
soft ruffs.  I wish people would have been more careful about the little,
face framing ones with the lovely lace that Elizabeth wore in the 1580's.
Wearing them out was just waste.  No consideration for others! (tongue in
cheek here)

More!  I want More!!!

Regina Romsey