[HNW] crocheted tablecloth

Lynn Carpenter alwen at i2k.com
Sat Nov 8 06:15:57 PST 2008

Aspasia Moonwind <aspasia_moonwind at hotmail.com> wrote:

 >I would like to know more about Romanian Point Lace. It's one I haven't
heard of. Of >course, none of us know everything. I have crocheted stitches
that look like this, in >fact I'm working on a scarf with cable stitches
similar. You gave me something new to >research.

Here are a couple of links:

Lori's LaceFairy website
http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/RomanianPointID.html

Nordic Needle sells kits and DVDs (no affiliation - I don't do Romanian
point myself, but a couple of the women in my lace group do).
http://www.nordicneedle.com/CTGY/A13-00-00.html

Angela Thompson & Kathleen Waller published a book on Romanian point in 2003:
http://books.google.com/books?id=wHG-NWWrTKcC

And here is the website of a woman in Transylvania who does needle lace and
point lace:
http://books.google.com/books?id=wHG-NWWrTKcC

(The world of needlework is fascinating and so varied.)

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
http://lost-arts.blogspot.com/
Ravelry ID: alwen