[HNW] Coif question

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 3 12:20:40 PDT 2009

Thank you.

Using your links, I found a coif on the V&A website that has loops at
the bottom, and I would guess these were also for adjustment.  If I
had not seen the one at the Met, which still has its drawstrings, I
would not have known that was their function.

I went to take photographs with only the embroidery in mind, but then
got fascinated with the construction as well.  Since the loops I
photographed appear to be coveried in buttonhole stitch, they are a
second embroidered feature in a sense.

Carllein