[HNW] Relics of St. Cuthbert

Karla Norris melisandedf at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:42:34 PDT 2009

Japan Gold best represents the historical thread used.  A metal "thread" wrapped around a silk core.  I have done a few pieces.  I tried using Japan #2, but personally found it hard to work with.  I then used #7....toooo heavy for the silk.  Next I am going to try #4.

Please to write Mistress Richenda Coffin, OL of Caid for more information.  She taught a class last fall at the InterKingdom Intensive Needlework Symposium on Opus Anglicanum.  It was great.  In addition, her piece won the Opus Anglicanum category at Estrella.  She also wrote a recent article for Tournaments Illuminated on the subject.

Melisande from Ansteorra