[HNW] question about actual viking embroideries

Karla Norris melisandedf at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:40:04 PDT 2009

The Viking Answer Lady has a great website.  Just google "Viking Answer Lady"....also has a great bibliography to get you started.

Melisande

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:47:25 -0400
From: knitnick at gmail.com
To: h-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: [HNW] question about actual viking embroideries

Hi,
I'm looking for personal interest for photos of viking needlework, if any might be available, norse, swedish, whatever country is ok.
I've been looking at the bayeux tapestry photos online, but most seem to be from drawings, and it's not really what i'm looking for. the project in mind is embellishment of sleeve edges and necklines on tunics and dresses. I've seen the pdf that was recently posted that had the small masks, large masks and vinework, and may end up using some of that, but would appreciate any links to line drawings or photos from other archaeological finds. I realize clothing and this sort of detail did not often survive.  I figure if anyone out there would know, it would be this group of folks. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.
Peace,
Joy

--
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."-Ghandi