[HNW] 15th Century Spanish Embroidery

Megan McConnell madilayn at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 22:18:26 PDT 2009

Greetings all

I've volunteered to work a piece for the current Queen of Lochac (SCA - Australia) and her persona is 15th Century Spanish.

It's been mentioned that she would like a Coifa, worked in bright colours.  Now I have no problems with this, but have not been able to find any examples of these as embroidered pieces - not even going to mention that I have no pattern to even make the thing!

Can somebody who has some more experince with this particular period of embroidery give me some pointers?

The other option that I thought of myself for her was an embroidered book cover (which I can do in the rich, bright colours with pomegranates that she likes).

Megan McConnell
Embroidery Editor
BellaOnline.com
E-Mail:  embroidery at bellaonline.com
Website:  embroidery.bellaonline.com

Proud Member Divine Divas of the Web
Proud Member WOSIB

My Personal Website

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart