[HNW] 15th Century Spanish Embroidery

Fiona the Needleworker danab-steppes at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 7 22:54:39 PDT 2009

Yes, it's just a coif with the spanish spelling of coifa. :)

     *  A close-fitting cap covering the top, back, and sides of the
head.    In early use a cap of this kind, tied like a night-cap under
the chin, worn out of doors by both sexes.
     * 'close-fitting cap of white linen later embroidered or made in
black.' [Medieval Timeline in Fashion and Events (http://romancereaderatheart.com/medieval/timeline/
)]

Fiona