[HNW] wool "floss"

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:45:11 PDT 2009

16th century canvas work, basically needlepoint, furnishings, like
table carpets, and cushion covers.

I haven't looked earlier than that, but I'd guess that being a fiber
that was more common and perhaps sturdier in this function, it would
have been fairly common in household items.

alex

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Susan Farmer<sfarmer at goldsword.com> wrote:
> In the time-period between the Bayeaux Embroidery and the Jacobean Crewel,
> how often was wool used as the stitching fiber?  (or even n either side of
> those two predominantly wool techniques/styles)
>
> Thanks!
> Susan
> -----
> Susan Farmer
> sfarmer at goldsword.com
> Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
> Division of Science and Math

So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…