[HNW] knotting shuttle

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Tue May 12 14:25:12 PDT 2009

My friend Lynn found a *lovely* (and cheap) knotting shuttle from a Website
called Smiling Fox. They seem to specialize in Rev War/18th century
supplies. The knotting shuttle was only $7.75 plust s&h. The shuttle is
polished bone-it feels and looks wonderful.

Lynn also found some non plied silk floss on another Web site (Ebay?). She's
making her own fly fringe. It seems rather involved, but Lynn likes that
kind of thing.

She showed me a wooden knotting shuttle she also bought-- I think she said
Hedgehog Handworks? It's big and very  nice, but I admit I love the feel of
the bone one.

Just FYI everyone.

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn