[HNW] Hairwork

Lavolta Press fran at lavoltapress.com
Sat Nov 28 21:22:31 PST 2009

Velvet Claw wrote:
> Wasn't someone asking about work using human hair awhile ago?
> This is the Victorian version - probably far too late to interest anyone

For the late 16th/early 17th century, there's the John Donne poem that
begins as below . . .

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on historic clothing and needlework
http://www.lavoltapress.com

When my grave is broke up again
Some second guest to entertain
(For graves have learned that woman-head
To be to more than one a bed),
And he that digs it, spies
A bracelet of bright hair about the bone,
Will he not let'us alone,
And think that there a loving couple lies,
Who thought that this device might be some way
To make their souls, at the last busy day,
Meet at this grave, and make a little stay?

  . . .