[HNW] 15th-cent Spanish embroidery

Aspasia Moonwind aspasia_moonwind at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:55:33 PDT 2009

In the Hispanic Costume Book you will find many styles with the term "cofia." Maybe what she is looking for is the style with the tail called Tranzado. This was a linen coif worn under the other styles.

Aspasia

I think Anderson spelled it "cofia" - that might help you find more examples.

Susana

> > From: betsy at softwareinnovation.com
> > To: h-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org
> > Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 00:43:15 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [HNW] 15th Century Spanish Embroidery
> >
> > Is that like a Coif ? small linen headcover, with string or self ties?
> >
> > I know some stunning Elizabethan examples exist- but that is 150-200 years
> > later.
> >
> > Or is it more like a night-cap? Any pictures or documentation/descriptions?

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.