[HNW] helping with "Flowers of the Needle"

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 21 05:25:43 PDT 2009

Joan-

<I could not access the CSU Arizona site.  And none of the books you  listed
are in the Antique Pattern Library.>

Thank you!

and Lynn:

<Ostaus, Giovanni, "La Vera perfezione"  1561

 http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/italian.html

 "Ostaus, Giovanni. La Vera Perfezione del Disegno [True Perfection in
 Design], 1561, 92 pages. Note: 1909 facsimile. Scanned images provided by
 Tess Parrish. Posted January 4, 2004. CD (LDA04). SAMPLE PAGE. File size
 5.7 MB  PDF">

Yes--that's the one contained in "Flowers of the Needle" (the date is what
flags is for me, as well as the title)

< However, remember that a lot of digital book and manuscript collections
have additions made every day.  Siebmacher's Modelbuch was not on either of
www.csu.arizona.edu or www.antiquepatternlibrary.org - it's at the Munich
 Digitisation Centre,
http://www.digitale-sammlungen.de/index.html?c=startseite&l=en>

I remember being surprised (but delighted) to see it available. If people
can Google the title/author and find it easily, then "Flowers" becomes
obsolete. I'm a year away, though, so heaven knows what will happen by then.

I was going to at least have 100 cc done. I was pondering 200 cc but would
hate to see free downloads stick me with extras. Oh, well, I'm not quite
halfway done with the digital remastering.

Meanwhile, many thanks to you both and to  anyone else helping me out! (this
List is so amazing!)

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"