[HNW] late-period embroidery group

Sandy Dudley su_roja at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:01:07 PST 2010

> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Kim Mitchell <ladyjanedevereux at yahoo.com>
> To: h-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org
> Subject: [HNW] New Late period embroidery group?

> Back in May of 2009, right before I moved from the UK back to the states, I
> started the Elizabethan and Jacobean Embroidery group, over on google. It was
> suggested that I move the group to http://stitchinfingers.ning.com, so after
> talking to some of the members I did that. The page there is
> http://stitchinfingers.ning.com/group/elizabethanandjacobeanembroidery.
>
> In retrospect, I am not sure it was a good decision. Some people like the
> convenience of being able to just open an e-mail and skim through it, without
> having to open an e-mail that is a notification of a post, and then having to
> go to the page, log in and read a post. :)
>
> Jane
>
> Barony of Dragon's Laire
>
> Kingdom of An Tir (By way of Meridies, Drachenwald, Trimaris, Atlantia and
> originally from Trimaris)

[deletia]

I didn't know there was such a group - and I don't know that I've much to contribute at the moment, having devoted all attention for the last year to Life, but I'd follow such a group in an email format (altho, like Jerusha, I need another list like I need another hole in my head!).  You're right, having to follow a link and log in to read each new post is a nuisance, especially when one is on the World's Slowest Dial-Up(tm) (whine, complain . . . ) and has been spoiled by the convenience of e-mail lists!

Sandy/Susana