[HNW] Clockwork bobbinlace "pillow"

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Dec 6 16:00:21 PST 2010

I have about zero experience with lacemaking, but looking at the photos, it
seems to be a cylindrical pillow, with a bunch of 'registered' holders for
the thread/bobbins, I find it unlikely that the sprockets move at all, if
you see the angles of the v-cuts change as you go up and over the
curve..which would eventually dump out some threads if the sprocket piece
rotated at all. Perhaps it was aimed at the less skilled who needed a good
way to keep track of where they put the last/next bobbin?