[HNW] shaving papers? what are shaving papers?

weaver8002 at aol.com weaver8002 at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 13:52:49 PST 2010

Shaving papers are for wiping the shaving cream or soap off the blade between stokes


-----Original Message-----
From: cknewell <cknewell at earthlink.net>
To: h-needlework at ansteorra.org
Sent: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 4:07 pm
Subject: [HNW] shaving papers? what are shaving papers?

I've been going through my Victorian needlework facsimiles, looking for certain projects. I see items like covers for shaving papers.
I know about shaving strops, used with "cut throat" single edged razors. But shaving *papers*??? Does anyone know what they are?
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"

-needlework mailing list
-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/h-needlework-ansteorra.org/attachments/20100106/1723b830/attachment.htm>

More information about the H-needlework mailing list