[HNW] A question about bullion embroidery

Leif og Bjarne Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Thu Jan 14 12:00:16 PST 2010

I have a great love for bullion embroidery two, and i have tryed to find informations about the history.
When i went to the Hedebo course at Køge, i asked my teacher if she ever had seen bullion roses used in 18th century embroidery. She told me she had seen it in french embroidery.
Bullion roses i have seen worked with metal threads on 17th century gloves.
Thats the oldest i have seen...........

Bjarne