[HNW] Help for an American sampler digital library project

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jul 7 05:47:58 PDT 2010

I suspect something like the NYPL guides might be helpful.
Costume and Fashion History: A Guide to Resources
http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/spe/art/artarc/costume/index.html
HTML 0 The literature of costume and fashion history is diverse in
nature. The first printed books on the subject ...

Researching Fashion Design and Costume History
http://www.nypl.org/branch/features/2005/costumehistory2.pdf PDF 0 ...

EXCEPT change it to be digital.

List the museums, galleries, collection where the samplers are located.

Philadelphia Museum of Art
http://www.philamuseum.org/collections/permanent/65487.html

articles, photos, reproductions, charts, books which feature the
sampler, etc.

Include Sources and books.

http://www.emlis.com/earlyamerican.htm

You'll have to talk to your instructor about how to include actual
photos from websites.

Johnna Holloway, MSLIS