[HNW] is this "A Pictorial History of Embroidery"???

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 14:40:26 PDT 2010

I am not certain that anyone ships by sea any longer. They fly the
packages over and then the time you wait depends on who is handling
the package in the states. They can rapidly clear customs or sit there.

I still buy from overseas all the time and I often get into
conversations when the cost of postage goes up. (I collect cookbooks
and have been buying from abroad for decades.)
The sellers routinely quote $20 and then double that because the book
is heavy. Well the book was always heavy - they just weren't quoting
the right price. I think in part this happens because websites that
include shipping from Europe to the USA routinely rank sellers by
price. Quote a lower price and be listed higher. One other thing to
watch out for when buying books from Europe are sellers that refuse to
take credit cards. They want wire transfers. Those can cost big bucks.
I had to tell one seller no because the fees cost more than the book
and postage combined.

Johnna