[HNW] shipping re "A Pictorial History of Embroidery"

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Mon Jul 12 09:44:49 PDT 2010

< I am not certain that anyone ships by sea any longer. They fly the
packages over and then the time you wait depends on who is handling  the
package in the states. They can rapidly clear customs or sit there.>

Oh. The shipping directions on the Web site for this merchant said 10 weeks.
I was quoted an ETA of  August 13 th rough September 2nd. Slow Boat From
China. Sheesh! It's been a very long time since I purchased anything from
overseas.

<The sellers routinely quote $20 and then double that because the book  is
heavy. Well the book was always heavy - they just weren't quoting  the right
price.>

Thans for that tip for Next Time.

< One other thing to  watch out for when buying books from Europe are
sellers that refuse to  take credit cards.>

I created a PayPal account recently *only* because Ebay will no longer take
postal money orders.  From what people have told me, it's often easier to
buy something overseas with PayPal, so I thought I might use it for those
rare times I buy from overseas. I  like the idea that if I wanted to -- I
could, using PayPal.

Thanks for the very useful advice!

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn