[HNW] slate/stretcher frame

Tania Gruning tania_gr17 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 01:16:48 PDT 2010

All I can say is that my frame is made of hardwood. That would be especially important on the larger frames. I got min at the Royal School of Needlework in England.
This is a bit outside the period, but 18th Century Embroidery Tchniques by Gail Marsh has clear pictures and descriptions. Totally outside the period and geography there is "painting with a needle" by Young Yang Chung. It shows clearly the kind of frames used in her workshop and school. And they do no look too different. Very clear pictures of the components of the frame.

I hope this helps.
Tania