[HNW] need needlepoint advice/help

Katherine Fling elizabet at housemarshall.org
Thu Jul 15 11:42:16 PDT 2010

Funny you should ask this now, I'm working on my handout on canvaswork
(needlepoint).

My handy chart says all 3 ply in tent stitch. However, it says 2 for 12
count, so I see some flexibility in there. An upright stitch, though, I'd
say 3.

I always separate and re-combine (just like with cotton floss and silk).

One thing I learned the hard way to do -- that preliminary test? Do it with
all the colors.  For instance, I often find that black needs less than many
of the lighter colors for decent coverage.
Ok, back to lurking for me.

Kandy/Elizabet