[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Highly Unlikely highly_unlikely at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 21:18:08 PDT 2010

Please keep in mind that the wool colors we see today are NOT exactly the same as when they were embroidered. The terracotta was originally dyed with Rose Madder root. The color comes close to being the rosy color of the veins in port wine cheese which is a lively color. In fact, all the colors of the tapestry in question were brighter. When you go to choose your wool decide whether you are going for the look as it is now or the one way back when. I hope you post photos of your work in progress. I know we would all enjoy seeing them!

Much Luck!

Joellen