[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Sarah Ketley pixieleigh7 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 3 01:14:25 PDT 2010

Hi Rachel,

No definitely not in the US we are in Australia, hence the problems getting the wool at a reasonable cost. The biggest craft
store here doesn't even HAVE crewel wool of ANY variety. i have DMC
cotton and DMC tapestry wool only. (really a pain)

i can get the
appletons cheap online, but i don't know what colours as i can't see the wool :-)

most difficult

:-)

thanks for your
ideas,

Regards,
Sarah

Hi all (third time posting sorry i think i am having email vs. account problems )

First post not sure if this is correct place or not.
please forgive me if it posts somewhere stupid (this is my second
attempt sorry)

Just worked out
how to get on the list (thanks Megan)

If i get the Renaissance
wool (which i love beyond all things) i would want to get hanks of the
colours. for me that is about $80-90au for just 5 colours which is
rather pricy for a uni student. (postage on top don't forget which is a
bit)

I was wondering about the Appleton's crewel wool because i
can get that a little cheaper off ebay for about $50 all up. for a
slighter greater length.

Has anyone used the Appleton's for this
type of work. If you have and it was sort of ok has anyone got a colour
list. I will have to order over the net without having seen the colours.

i have started a little trial one in cottons, which i will turn into a pouch for my dad
for his birthday i think. (pictures here http://borninthewrongage.blogspot.com/ )

Anyway love some ideas / colour suggestions from the
Appleton's range.

Thanks very much

Sarah