[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jun 3 04:25:05 PDT 2010

Perhaps if someone was coming stateside to Pennsic,
the wool could be purchased and brought back.

The problem of course is that a number of needlework shops have closed
stateside
and we are forced to turn to the internet too.

I don't do this sort of work so all I can do is look at a favorite
source and see
what they have.

Nordic Needle still carries DMC Medici
http://www.nordicneedle.com

As an aside there's a tapestry project being undertaken by Lady
Jadwiga Wlodzislawska.

She's completed 14 or so panels of an ambitious tapestry project to
put our SCA history on record in the manner of the Bayeux Tapestry.

You can find pictures of finished panels, a video of the first 10
panels, and a detailed year by year plan at http://carrotkhan.webs.com/.

Johnnae