[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Janina Krakowska janina.krakowska at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:30:42 PDT 2010

I have found that Paternayan Persian Wool Yarn is much closer to the size of
thread that the Bayeux was originally stitched with. At least that is what
was needed when I created an element from the border that looked essentially
identical to an image that was blown up to full size. The Medici yarn is
finer, and would work well for a reduced scale piece.

And as to color, while the yarn may have changed color over time, there was
still a limited palate in use. So this should limit the expense.

I hope that your friend is able to find the supplies she needs and has a
wonderful time with her project.  I particularly love this stitch for vivid
and sturdy work.

Janina Krakowska
Baroness Storvik
Kingdom of Atlantia