[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Allison263 at aol.com Allison263 at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 08:27:05 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/2/10 11:18:17 PM, highly_unlikely at hotmail.com writes:

> Please keep in mind that the wool colors we see today are NOT exactly the
> same as when they were embroidered.

Actually, that's not correct. One of the things Wilson discusses is the
fact that the conservators who worked on the tapestry in the 80s were surprised
at how little the colors had faded. In some cases the colors on the front
looked indistinguishable from the back. He then speculated about how that
could have happened. This kind of information is why I really like Wilson as a
reliable source for information on the tapestry.

The book is pretty easy to find; used copies go for around $60.

Cheers,
Gabrielle