[HNW] Bayeux Tapestry

Sarah Ketley pixieleigh7 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 3 21:07:26 PDT 2010

Thank you for suggestion the Paternayan wool. Much appreciated!!! I hadn't considered it.
Now you mention it, a book i was reading the other day mentioned the beauty of Persian wool thread.
Mary Corbet's site does a comparision of that (thanks for the link but i have looked at that one sooooo many times as i muse over the decision.)

I have found a supplier in the US, will now hunt for an Aussie supplier, and then work out if it is cheaper to buy in aus, or get it posted from the US.
You might be surprised to find that getting it shipped half way round the world is often cheaper.

Janina : did you use the colours from the tapestry?? If you did, i would greatly appreciate knowing which ones, even if you can remember one or two.
then maybe i can cross match :-)

Thanks again all, its so nice that people from all over the world can chat about this. Especially such a nutty topic as a re-creation of a embroidery scene that is hundreds of years old :-)

I'm glad i have my little cotton one to keep me going. will post more pictures to my blog over the weekend. I have done more and i'm rather happy with my baby step efforts :-)

Happy stitching everyone

Sarah / Constance