[HNW] Gold Bobbin Lace

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 07:13:19 PDT 2010

Another option to making bobbinlace is to make needlelace, if you can
do basic buttonhole stitch you can do needlelace, and the early forms
of bobbinlace lace were to mimic needlelaces.

Don't get me wrong, I like doing bobbinlace, and if you can do a four
ply braid you have the basic of it, but it does have a higher cost to
get started than doing needlelaces (needles, thread, etc. usually
already in an embroiderer's kit).

alex

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Valerie Renfro <vwalk94 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I recommend making you own!
>
> Twice I've done projects and finished them with period-looking lace that I
> purchased. I ended up feeling like the lace detracted from the embroidery I
> worked so hard on. After that, I just decided to learn how to do it myself.
> Bobbin lace is not that hard and you can do a very simple pattern relatively
> quickly.
>
> That said, both times I purchased lace, I got mine off of ebay.
>
> Genevieve

So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…