[HNW] liquid "embroidery" --anyone tried this?

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 13:20:38 PDT 2010

Has anyone tried to use those liquid "embroidery"' pens?? I think they are
usually the brand "Aunt Martha". One gets a special cardboard circle backing
to absorb excess liquid, I think.

I'm toying with the idea of using them to do heraldic "embroidered" emblems
to sew all over an SCA overgown. I seem to recall one plate from Scheuette
showing a medieval overgown (male? female?) with heraldic motif badges. IFIC
they were eagles???

The idea of doing satin stitch Catherine Wheels on a zillion badges to sew
onto a gown is not exactly appealing...

Where are those professional embroiderers when you want them? Or a team of
personal female attendants with nothing to do all day.....

--Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"