[HNW] liquid "embroidery" --anyone tried this?

Catherine Olanich Raymond cathy at thyrsus.com
Wed Jun 16 19:27:01 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 16 June 2010 10:17:36 pm Susan Farmer wrote:
> Quoting Catherine Olanich Raymond <cathy at thyrsus.com>:
> > On Wednesday 16 June 2010 9:46:26 pm Helen Brown wrote:
> >> Those were very popular about 30 years ago.  I haven't tried any of the
> >>  newer pens, but they should have only improved. Helen
> >
> > I haven't tried liquid embroidery for 30 years either, I admit.  Still, I
> > doubt they have enough of the look of embroidery to be right for an SCA
> > garment.
>
> But how much of a different look would they have than Fabric Paint?  I
> used them 30-ish years ago, too.

I can't imagine how they would look different from Fabric Paint except by
providing a narrower line, but perhaps paint technology has improved since we
last used the stuff.  :-)

--

Cathy Raymond <cathy at thyrsus.com>

"No one can make as disastrous a bad choice as a smart person, because they
sell it to themselves really well."--Tobias Buckell