[HNW] liquid "embroidery" --anyone tried this?

Catherine Olanich Raymond cathy at thyrsus.com
Thu Jun 17 15:17:23 PDT 2010

On Thursday 17 June 2010 11:06:12 am Chris Laning wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 June 2010 10:17:36 pm Susan Farmer wrote:
> >> But how much of a different look would they have than Fabric
> >> Paint?  I
> >> used them 30-ish years ago, too.
> >
> > I can't imagine how they would look different from Fabric Paint
> > except by
> > providing a narrower line, but perhaps paint technology has improved
> > since we
> > last used the stuff.  :-)
>
> My limited experience is that these paints stand up and make a raised
> line. If you apply them in dots or dashes and squint real hard, they
> kinda look like they *could* be stitching, but in real life you
> wouldn't use stitches that big. (OTOH, I may be confusing them with
> "puff paint." ;)

Puff paint does stand up noticably from the fabric after being applied.  The
liquid embroidery paints I used 30 years ago did not do that.

--

Cathy Raymond <cathy at thyrsus.com>

"No one can make as disastrous a bad choice as a smart person, because they
sell it to themselves really well."--Tobias Buckell