[HNW] stitch count of Mary's cruciform cross-stitch designs

Katherine Fling elizabet at housemarshall.org
Thu Jun 24 10:30:51 PDT 2010

That's about what I came up with. Basically, I got high res photos from the
V&A website, counted stitches and divided by the size of the piece.

On the ones that there is part of the stitching fallen away, it looks like
the ground was what we would call "needlepoint canvas" with the open holes.
It almost looks like Penelope (the double threads that can be worked "over
2" or "over 1" for different sizes of stitching) but that may just be
distortion from the over 2 stitching.

Those high res photos are fantastic, you can really focus down to the stitch
level.

So, I would use congress cloth (which is 24 count). It used to be available
in linen, but that seems to have been discontinued :(

Kandy Fling (or Elizabet Marshall), returning to her lurking