[HNW] seeking small Victorian motifs

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 06:41:13 PDT 2011

I'm looking for small Victorian cross stitch motiffs.  I want to make some
perforated paper bookmarks so I need small ovals, cartouches, sprays of
flowers, etc. Most of my embroidery books are folkloric or historic but the
wrong era. The  Berlin Wool Work books I own all have huge patterns. I need
dainty little ones. One that reads "Mother" with a spray of flowers would be
terrific for Mother's Day.

If I were to search on the Web for this, do I Google <Victorian cross stitch
motifs>?? The problem is that a lot of modern designers call their work
"Victorian" when it really isn't. (don't get me started on what Ebay sellers
describe as "vintage" or "antique"!!!)

Anyone have some ideas?

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn