[HNW] seeking small Victorian motifs

snspies at aol.com snspies at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 07:42:39 PDT 2011

Try Dover Books, Kathryn.
Nancy

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathryn Newell <c.knewell at Comcast.net>
To: h-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Mon, Apr 4, 2011 9:41 am
Subject: [HNW] seeking small Victorian motifs

I'm looking for small Victorian cross stitch motiffs. I want to make some perforated paper bookmarks so I need small ovals, cartouches, sprays of flowers, etc. Most of my embroidery books are folkloric or historic but the wrong era. The Berlin Wool Work books I own all have huge patterns. I need dainty little ones. One that reads "Mother" with a spray of flowers would be terrific for Mother's Day.

If I were to search on the Web for this, do I Google <Victorian cross stitch motifs>?? The problem is that a lot of modern designers call their work "Victorian" when it really isn't. (don't get me started on what Ebay sellers describe as "vintage" or "antique"!!!)

Anyone have some ideas?

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"