[HNW] punto a spina pesce

Sandy Dudley su_roja at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:00:11 PDT 2011

I do think the MFA sample looks like cross stitch or long-armed c.s., but I can offer you another candidate for "fish-spine stitch" - it's a variant of feather-stitching.  Instead of the center stitches zigzagging, they line up in a straight line, so you have a sort of double-stitch ridge with spines coming off it - it would be fairly easy to line up the spines almost opposite each other, rather than obviously staggered.  It's Fish-Bone Stitch, out of The Work Basket Embroidery Book, Ruth Wyeth Spears, c. 1941.  I can e-mail you a copy of the page, if you like.

Sandy/Susana