[HNW] 19-th century pattern marking

Sandy Dudley su_roja at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:10:48 PDT 2011

Good point - the LACMA website said nothing about the marks, and in fact I'd have expected the seamstress (presumeably) to baste the outline in, anyway.  On the other hand, would the dress have been carefully preserved for this long if it had been ruined by a child drawing?  I don't know.

Sandy/Susana