[HNW] 17th-century needle lace on eBay?

Chris Laning claning at igc.org
Mon Dec 12 12:23:33 PST 2011

Hm. And just how would one discern whether it was actual 17thc lace versus 19th/20th century revival? It appears to be in perfect shape, which would certainly make *me* suspicious even if it didn't have an absurdly low starting price. (I do rather wish people didn't do the "ha ha you have to guess how much I really am asking for this" reserve price thing, though I can understand why they might.)

Lovely stuff in any case if it's really hand made, as it appears to be.