[HNW] status of "Flowers of the Needle"

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 05:49:46 PST 2011

I'm working at cleaning up the last 5 pages (pant! pant!) I spoke to one
real printer back in late October. She never ever got back to me. My life
has been distracted, since Oct.15th, by serious health issues. This, in
turn, may result in my  husband and I having to spend $2500 as our
deductible for possible surgery. It's going to be  just too expensive for
printing "Flowers of the Needle" as I wanted to-- with cardstock covers and
spiral binding.

I am, however, wondering how to have it burned onto a CD. Does anyone Out
There have any information they can  help me with? Who or where do I go, how
does it compare in price to paper printing, etc???

*Please* don't suggest I do it myself. Our home computer is from 2002 and
the disk drives have never worked well. Add to this the idea of having to
have at least 50 CDs burned before I ever announce it's available. Thirdly--
how in the world do I do the liners? I don't do destktop publishing. The
idea of cutting cardstock into strips to fit into the CD jewel cases is also
unappealing.

I still hope for a limited edition of 200 to 300 copies.

I'd appreciate any help or advice-- off list so we don't  bore Everyone
Else.

--Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"