[HNW] help with Flowers of the Needle

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 07:08:39 PST 2011

I would like to thatnk everyone who has replied to me offlist. I was not
really that surprised--you are an amazing bunch of supportive people. <take
a bow, everyone!>

I have received advice and steering towards a variety of online services for
burning CDs. I have created a new folder for this so I don't lose anyone or
their helpful links or offers.

I have one friend who said she might be able to find me a *grant* of all
things! This would allow me to have it printed the way I would have
preferred--- spiral bound as a good work book.

Dianne mentioned:

<Many o/p lace books have been archived on the U of Arizona's website.
There is a person who for a small fee $10.00 sells cds of the compilations.
The money from the sales has gone toward upkeeping and maintenance of the
site.>

Now *this* really appeals to my Laurel soul. It would mean that those who
can't afford high speed (or it isn't offered in their locale) could still
purchase a CD for a nominal fee. Wow.

While folks here seem to be panting for it, I'm wondering if a limited run
of 300 copies is really too much? I don't think I could sell more than 50 to
people on this List. The idea of being stuck with 150 to * S L O W L Y*
sell over the years is a bit of a burden.

As I slog on, cleaning up the pages, I'm again struck with the fact that
many of these patterns have not appeared anywhere else. Not even in the
reprints of the 1990's that are now out of print. Gosh.

I find myself with several good options to ponder. More offers of help  keep
coming in. Wow, you guys are so amazing!

--with gratitude
Kathryn (off to shovel yet more snow)
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"