[HNW] basketweave stitch

Kathryn Newell c.knewell at Comcast.net
Mon May 2 07:23:16 PDT 2011

I don't have any so lid knowledge re basketweave stitch. What I *can* attest
to is that even professionally made items, like the Bradford Table Carpet,
pull very badly onthe bias. I've seen it in person at the V&A and was amazed
(and felt much better about my own needlepoint pulling, despit emy best
efforst and good tools).

A friend of mine once got to see the Oxburgh  Hangings. She said they also
*pulled*. If using basketweave is s upposed to prevent t his (and I don't
find that it does) then this may be a good indication that it wasn't being
used at that point?

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"