[HNW] beaded pincushions

Chris Laning claning at igc.org
Fri May 27 07:02:01 PDT 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Kathryn Newell wrote:

> Has anyone used a beaded pincushion? I mean one that is solidly beaded? I ask because I am smitten by a kit for a beaded pincushion (sewn onto cross stitch fabric).
>
> It doesn't seem logical to me that you could use a beaded pincushion unless you slip the needles in-between the thread holding the beads I should that, over time, this wears out the thread and the beads break off?

Well, pincushions solidly stitched in metal thread aren't very practical either, yet the Elizabethans seem to have made quite a few of them ;) So perhaps it is just supposed to be decorative.

Sounds lovely, though! And a nice sized project that won't take months to do.

O    Chris Laning <claning at igc.org> - Davis, California
+     http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com