[HNW] Embroidery in the news

cameronfamily3 at juno.com cameronfamily3 at juno.com
Fri Sep 9 09:11:13 PDT 2011

   Ooo -- interesting indeed; but a little frustrating.  I would very much have liked to *see* more of what they do.  It's barely possible to do that by going to  www.lesage-paris.com, which is Ecole Lesage's website.  Vexingly, their site doesn't fit my screen, so the lower and right-hand edges weren't available.  They do offer classes to anyone who is even remotely interested.  Of course, you have to be *in* Paris to take them . . . <sigh> what a sacrifice.
   Havoise

It isn’t SCA specific, but NPR did a story today about an embroidery business in France – the House of Lesage. If you are interested in stitching, you will find it interesting.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/09/140141279/at-maison-lesage-beauty-embroidered-by-hand

And, if you are a parent, you will find this quote amusing:

Lesage says years back, in good families, all the girls had to sew. "You know why?" he asks. "To occupy them not to think of the boys — it's true!"

Cheers,

~Fionna
Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e6a3ace24e54307584st04duc