[Hellsgate] Lamellar

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:50:05 PDT 2010

I use 20 ga fluted plates.  They do eventually bend, but I've been
using these plates for almost 3 years, fighting a great deal, and
fighting people who hit like freight trains.

His Royal Highness Ulstead caused the first notable bent plates, but
that was on the hip pieces.

I endorse the lacing method shown on that site for the main armor,
although as I wanted more flexibility with the hip pieces, I use a
looser lacing method for those.  As a result, those plates are more
vulnerable to bending. The tighter you lace and the more overlap your
method causes, the less likely they are to bend.  I'm considering
replacing those plates with 18 ga, but only those particular plates on
the left side that get hit a great deal.

Ioannes