[Hellsgate] November 2010 Letter of Acceptances and Returns

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:47:59 PST 2010

The latest LOAR is out, and of interest to everyone:

 *Hellsgate, Stronghold of. *Device. Argent, a chainless portcullis sable
within a laurel wreath vert and issuant from base a flame gules.

We note that chains are not a required feature of medieval portcullises. A
portcullis without chains can be seen in Siebmacher, plate 136, row 3,
column 4, the arms of die Hessen zu Wigdorf. In the interests of
reproducibility, future submissions lacking chains should have the missing
chains explicitly blazoned

Ioannes Dalassenos
--
"Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks, we've slain them again and
again.  We're looking for thousands of Persians."