[Hellsgate] Austin's Tuesday night fighter practice

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 15:13:35 PST 2010

This is a GREAT chance for fighters to get a lot of great instruction!
 I had a BLAST at the last Knight School I got to go to.

Helene

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Ruiz <ruizhorde at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wanted to make sure all fighter saw this posting that was on Bryn Gwlad list.
> We have spoken about showing our support for Austin's Tuesday nights fighter
> practice and this is a great chance for all fighters and Stronghold members. I
> encourage everyone to attempt to make it up to Austin on Tuesday nights as much
> as they can.
>
> Knight school is a wonderful thing for newer fighters!!
>
> Greetings Brothers, friends and countrymen,
>
> Well, the "meet the candidates" is out of the way and TE Bryn Gwlad are
> graciously allowing me to organize this event to occur during the normal
> Populace in the Park calender slot ...
> What - Knight School
> When - Tuesday November 30 starting at 7:30 PM
> Where - In central Austin at Patterson Park, across from the Blondie Pharr
> Tennis Center at Airport Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. About 1/2 mile east of I-35 on
> Airport Blvd., turn south onto Wilshire Blvd. We practice on the open, lighted
> tennis courts there. There are bathroom facilities available and a drinking
> fountain not too far away.
>

> Bonus Activities - HL Jean-Marie has generously volunteered to provide a
> hospitality table for water and even hot drinks (cider, cocoa)
>
> For those few who do not know what this is, Knight School, begun a few years ago
> by our own Sir Giotto, is a practice run a few times a year in Austin dedicated
> to structured instruction of the unbelted authorized fighters by the Knights.
> The format shifts from time to time. This time it will include dividing up the
> attending fighters into groups of perhaps 4 to 6 people who will work together
> for 30 minutes or so.  The knights will offer instruction, a chance to practice
> with direct feedback, and reenforcement of proper technique and perhaps
> direction on further training as applicable.
>
> And the heavy fighters will allow the Knights the honor of letting us pay
> forward for all advice, instruction and encouragement that we have gotten from
> our forebears.
>
> These are always very well attended.  And there is a rumor, mind you though,
> just a rumor, that the King will show up too.
> If you have any questions, please e-mail me at
>
> ysfael at aol.com
> Thank you,
> Ysfael, KSCA, CSSA

"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant
series of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert
Gates, Secretary of Defense.