[Hellsgate] Hellsgate Yule Masquerade

Jennifer Hartlove jmhartlove at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 18:20:43 PDT 2010

Hellsgate Yule Masquerade Information

Rundown:
What: A Yule masquerade ball, dress as something fun :)
Where:  National Guard building in Killeen, located at 3101 S w S Young Dr,
Killeen, TX 76542
When: December 4th 2010 (Setup begins at 3:00pm, Event begins at 6:00pm,
Clean-up begins at 11:00 pm)  *please contact Jen and Kat at
jmhartlove at yahoo.com if you are able to be on the Set-up or Clean-up crews or
both.
Site Fee: Please bring a finger-food type dish to contribute to the buffet table
plus a canned food item to be donated to Helping Hands Ministries
(http://www.helpinghandsbelton.org/).  Cash donations to benefit Hellsgate will
also be appreciated.

Site information:
We have the National Guard building in Killeen for Dec 4th 2010.  This site is
not a wet site, so keep any alcohol on the down-low.  We are privileged to be
able to use this site and would not want to do anything to jeapordize our
chances to use it in the future.
If you are able donate or loan decorations to Hellsgate to help us bring holiday
cheer to our very large event space, please contact Jen and Kat at
jmhartlove at yahoo.com, let us know what you have and when you will be able to get
it to us.
Since this event is a masquerade ball, we are working on getting some ceramic
masks to use for decoration as well as prizes for the raffle.  We would
appreciate some help painting these masks.  If you would like to wield a
paintbrush instead of a sword, please contact Jen and Kat at
jmhartlove at yahoo.com.

Timeline Information:
We will be able to get into the hall to start setup at 3:00 pm.  We can use any
assistance we can get.  The actual event will begin at 6:00 pm in order to allow
the set-up crew time to get cleaned up and pretty.  The event will end at 11:00
pm, and clean-up will be from 11:00pm to midnight.  Please let Jen and Kat know
by e-mail at jmhartlove at yahoo.com if you are able to help with set-up, clean-up,
or both :)

Fun and Games:
We are planning to have an SCA White Elephant Gift Exchange.  If you would like
to participate, bring a wrapped SCA-type item.  There will be a Two-Steal limit
on this exchange.
If you bring a child, please bring a wrapped gift for YOUR child with his or her
name on it.  The gifts will be handed out and the children allowed to open them
during the event.
We are also having a Raffle.  Each person attending the event will receive one
raffle ticket for free.  If you would like to better your chances at winning the
raffle items, you will have the option to purchase extra raffle tickets for
$1.00 per ticket.   If you are able to donate an item to be used as a prize for
the raffle, please contact Jen and Kat at jmhartlove at yahoo.com.  Having a
plethora of prizes will only help us raise money for Hellsgate ... so donate
something awesome!!!

Food:
Please try to bring finger foods.  Period food is great, but not required.  We
would like the emphasis to be on celebrating the joyousness of the holidays and
not adding to holiday stress.
We are lucky enough to have been able to borrow a nice matched set of dishes to
use for the buffet table, thereby minimizing the misplacement of personal
platters.
Please e-mail Jen and Kat at jmhartlove at yahoo.com to let us know what you are
planning to bring, so that we do not end up with 20 veggie trays. Jen would be
happy with 20 veggie trays, but the rest of the guests are not so easily
pleased.

Thanks,
Jen and Kat of the Raper Clan ... very excited!!!